Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Export CRM Users List Using PowerShell

How this came about:
     I was asked by the Manager of the QA team to send her a list of who had access to the QA environment; after we performed a refresh from production. I'm fairly new to CRM and was looking for ways to do this.


1st) I logged into CRM and went to Settings, Security, Users, Selected all users and then clicked Export to Excel.

This would work just fine if it was a one-time deal. You would still need to do it for both Enabled and Disabled users. I don't believe it will be a one-time report so I started looking for a way automate the process.


2nd) Since these are Dev and QA environments I was not too concerned with querying the database. Below is the PowerShell Script I came up with that allowed me to query both environments at the same time and save the files as a .csv




0 comments:

Post a Comment